Will I qualify for New Jersey Social Security disability benefits?
As a New Jersey disability lawyer, I often get asked this question by applicants seeking New Jersey Social Security disability benefits. To qualify for Social Security disability benefits, you must be found “disabled” by the Social Security Administration. The Social Security rules for determining whether or not you are disabled are complicated and sometimes outcomes as a result of their application defy common sense. For example, you will not be found disabled because your doctor says you are disabled or you cannot locate an employer who is willing to hire you.
APPLY for SSDI BENEFITS FROM YOUR HOME – LAW OFFICE OF MARYJEAN ELLIS, LLC
- Are you gainfully employed? No
- Do you have a severe impairment? YES
- Will your impairment last 12 months or result in death? YES
- Does your disability meet one of SSA’s listed impairments? If YES, you qualify. If no …
- Are you able to work? NO
Assistance from an experienced New Jersey disability lawyer representing Clients
throughout Northern New Jersey and the surrounding areas
- I accept New Jersey disability claims at all stages – whether you are thinking about applying for Social Security disability, have had your application denied, or have had your request for reconsideration denied. For Social Security disability, only approximately 35% of all initial applications are approved and about 15% of all requests for reconsideration are approved. However, 55% of claims are approved when the reconsideration denial is appealed for a hearing before an administrative law judge.
- While I accept claims at all stages, I will usually advise a claimant to wait until he/she is out of work for at least 4.5 months unless the claim is for SSI only or the condition is terminal. I will begin representation by helping them file their appeal or at their hearing. When applying for New Jersey disability benefits, there are many forms that must be completed in addition to the initial application. For more information about what the Social Security Administration is looking for before awarding disability benefits, see 9 Tips for Applying.
If your application for Social Security disability benefits is denied, my representation includes assisting with and completing the various appeal forms and appearing with you to present your claim to the Social Security judge. For your hearing, I will also gather and assemble all the necessary evidence, prepare you and the witnesses, and represent you at the hearing.If your application for Social Security disability benefits is denied, my representation includes assisting with and completing the various appeal forms and appearing with you to present your claim to the Social Security judge.For your hearing, I will also gather and assemble all the necessary evidence, prepare you and the witnesses, and represent you at the hearing. Read More
How to contact the Law Office of
Maryjean Ellis, LLC
Though the disability evaluation process can sometimes be complex and lengthy, the question in front of you or any New Jersey disability claimant is a simple one: “Do you believe you are unable to work?” If so, I recommend you seek Social Security disability with assistance from an experienced New Jersey disability lawyer. Dealing with a large government bureaucracy like the Social Security Administration can feel challenging because of the number of rules to follow and the processes can be complicated. But I will always explain the Social Security disability process to you, and I will guide you through the often confusing application and appeal process.I hope you find my disability website helpful. If you live in Northern New Jersey or its surrounding areas and want assistance with your application for Social Security disability benefits or appealing a denial, I can help. Please provide a brief description of your claim using the short claim evaluation form on the left side of this page, and I will respond promptly. Or if you have any questions, please call me at (973) 940-8635. Representing Social Security disability claimants throughout Northern New Jersey and the surrounding areas.