Workers’ compensation is designed to assist employees who are injured on the job or become ill as a result of their work. If you have difficulties or questions a Sparta Workers’ Compensation attorney will work with you. The Law Office of Maryjean Ellis, LLC dedicates a portion of their practice to workers’ compensation law, and has the knowledge and experience necessary to help you.

Immediately After Injury

It is essential that you notify your supervisor or other responsible individual at your work when you suffer an injury, even if it does not seem serious. Some injuries do not manifest themselves with symptoms until hours, or even days after the fact. Your Sparta Workers’ Compensation lawyer will tell you that this notification does not need to be in writing, but it must be made.

In the event that your injury requires emergency care you should seek medical attention first. However, you still need to let your employer know of your injury as soon as possible.

Once Your Injury Is Reported

Your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance carrier will conduct an investigation to decide if you are eligible for benefits. If the decision is not favorable you have recourse—file a claim with the Division of Workers’ Compensation.

If Your Employer Refuses to Report Your Injury

Your employer has a duty to report your injury to the Workers’ Compensation carrier. If, for some reason, your employer refuses, it is a good idea to speak with a Sparta Workers’ Compensation attorney. You basically have two options: you can either file a claim yourself or call the insurer directly The contact information for the insurer should be displayed in a prominent place, such as the lunch room or by the time clock. If it is not displayed, contact the Compensation Rating and Inspection Bureau for this information.

A Sparta Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Can Help You

An injury on the job could be devastating to workers were the state’s workers’ compensation plan not in place. If you are hurt on the job, call a Sparta Workers’ Compensation attorney today at 888-518-9017 (toll-free) or 973-940-8635 (local).